Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Winter 2012 Week3

     Ok, back on the blog. I am focusing on making a couple 4-sets of bowls that I will add a big bowl to once I get sets made. I probably won't glaze for a few weeks until I get more bowls made that match. I may even bring in some of the pairs that I already have to match up and complete the 4 set. I also have a couple more flower pots that I have been asked to make, so those are on my list to do as well. Now that I am sure I know how to upload pics HERE instead of who knows where they went last time, I should have a few up soon.
     As far as my inspiration for my pieces I have looked at a few magazines here and there and got ideas that way. I also get asked to make things, so I take it from there. I still need to glaze the mini birdbath that I made last quarter that I got the idea from a neighbor's house. It didn't turn out quite as tall as I would have liked it to, but it will work.

1 comment:

  1. DJ,
    I meant to tell you, your small or medium sized bowls in the last batch (loaded today) looked really good. The weight is much better in the floor on those smaller pieces. I also liked that you were playing with ribs or shaping on the walls.

    BTW: Intermediates will mix glazes this week (we take requests). I will fire a glaze kiln when there is enough work (HINT HINT)

    ReplyDelete